Friday, October 21, 2005

Ok, so I remembered my password

So, have been working on my quilt design this week thanks to the most boring hotel room known to man (I mean, where is the cable, when I am in a hotel, I would like some Spongebob!). I have based it on 210 cm square for queen sized bed.

Inspired by a fantastic log cabin variation seen in the High Country last weekend.

Did some preliminary calculations and came out with 13 m of material required based on 90cm wide and 5mm seams. Does this sound right to you, Dj bebe? Seems like WAY too much to me, but I guess there is a lot of seams in that. Anyhoo, must finish the first one first...

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger djbebe said...

13m sounds like a lot. I would have thought closer to twice the surface area of the quilt, which would be around 5m. Can't you get some software program to map it out for you?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sponky said...

Yes, probably. I will have to see how much software costs. Is quilt software a tax deduction?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Girl Genius said...

Gah, don't talk to me about tax!

I can do it on CAD for you if you want?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Sponky said...

Tax, what is tax. I am doing mine next year.

I have already drawn it up on Visio, but if you are super bored! I don't think it will change the amount of material I need, though :(

Why doesn't my comment notifcation work? I have to log into to see when you have written something! Yes, I do have an email address in the appropriate slot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home