Monday, May 22, 2006

Apologies in advance (yes, it's a rant)

I have tried to avoid writing this post as long as I can, but I can no longer hold myself back.

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO TV PROGRAMMING LATELY!!!
I love television. I realise this is not the appropriate, middle class view of TV (it's evil and must not be watched except for educational and news shows), but I do infact, love TV, as long as it has good actors, decent plots and reasonably good production values. Reality television is evil and must be stopped.
This is my current favourites and the list of sins the tv networks have inflicted upon them:

  • Carnivale (cancelled, sob, after 2 series, when it was supposed to have 6 series to tell the full story). Possibly the one of the best tv series EVER (yes, I am still trying to finish Brideshead revisited).
  • SVU (Channel Ten, if you change the time slot ONE MORE TIME and then show old episodes anyway, I am going to slap you)
  • Alias (perhaps on sometime in the middle of the night in August, we'll see)
  • Scrubs (moves from 11am to 10:30pm with no notice, I have given this one up because I never know when it's on)
  • Mythbusters (get rid of that annoying red haired girl)
  • Battlestar Galatica (see Alias, give up now and buy the DVD's next year)
  • Firefly (cancelled after 14 episodes, you bastards)
  • Spicks and Specks (a little too patchy, dependant on the guest quality far too much to be a good program ALL the time)CSI (see the post on George Ead's moustache)

The only show I have no actual complaint about is Las Vegas EXCEPT last season when channel 7 showed them all out of order.


TV stations of Australia: stop changing the schedule, show ALL the episodes IN ORDER in a BLOCK, take off big brother and dancing/singing with the stars and stop wasting our times with 20 to 1 and Where are they now. Entertainment is meant to be entertaining, not a hard slog through crap and boredom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home