Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Not dead yet

Yes, still breathing. Work has been well, busy, annoying, there is alot of adjectives I could use here but honestly it's BORING so here's some stuff I AM happy about these days:
  • We have finally worked out where the ants are coming from and have blocked the holes (yeah Husband-person) so you can now leave your cheese and cracker and salami unattended for two minutes without it getting infested.
  • The dishwasher cleaning routine advised by Kevin (father-in-law-person) has actually worked and cleaned out all the stinky mould left by the previous owners.
  • I have a new exciting sewing machine (http://janome.com/product_show.php?id=731) which Husband-person was nice enough to collect for me when I was too busy. DJ Bebe has seen it and now has knee-lift envy. Yes, it is TOTALLY awesome, thanks for asking. Would you like your name embroidered on something?
  • Thanks to new sewing machine, have finished baby present for my friend Kathryn (and baby is not due until August, yeah Sponky). As Kathryn reads the Long Range Craft Jamboree occasionally, pictures will not be posted for the time being but can be delivered upon request via email.
  • It's cool enough to wear jeans without sweating too much.
  • Husband-person is cute and nice and warm (always handy in these cooler months). But still needs to shave.
  • DJ Bebe has a big announcement (see her page for more details).
  • DJ Bebe brought me some olives (and I have scoffed them all, yum yum).
  • All my new CD's are good - Claire Bowditch, Augie March and some Mountain Goats EP.
  • My brother's new desk is called the 'Command Centre' (it's not just a desk, it's a submarine as well).
  • The Russian accents on Husband-person's new game are TERRIBLE and very amusing.
  • Grandparents had lunch at our place on the weekend and used the new table (of which they approved) AND they got the train and it was EASY!

Things NOT making me happy

  • Having trouble committing to a quilting pattern for the other quilt (black and white one) - have unpicked TWICE now and still not happy. HRM. Must commit (and JUST DO IT, as DJ Bebe says)
  • There is NOTHING on TV to watch while you are unpicking your quilt yet again. All hail special features on Serenity DVD - watching a Joss Whedon film with the commentary on is actually quite informative and make unpicking less boring
  • It's not light until 6am and it's dark again at 5:30pm
  • 5pm to 6pm meetings
  • Haven't one the lotto yet, so DJ Bebe and I must postponed our plans to create an internet based recycled material crafting empire
  • Price of quilting material. Have worked out to make a queensized quilt I will need to spend between $300 and $500 on decent material. Poo. Not to mention the pain and suffering that will come from machine quilting it myself. Perhaps some of my next SAP bonus will go on one of these http://www.johnwattssewing.com.au/pgs/quilter1.htm

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Girl Genius said...

Oh my God, you're back! I was worried your man-harem had imprisoned you and wasn't going to let you out until you satisfied their insatiable appetites or gave them trousers.

Can I come and be in your gang when you have your empire?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Sponky said...

Of course, Betty Sue. You will be the head of the Sydney office, charged with purchasing funky vintage fabrics and rare and exotic buttons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home