Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I may yet start to enjoy this cricket stuff

Why the Gabba is better than the MCG
  • It's in Brisbane so it's not freezing
  • The ground is a sensible size and you can actually see the players and not little matchstick men
  • The toliets are near the stands
  • There isn't 3 flights of stairs to get to your seat!
and Twenty20 is better than ANY other form of cricket
  • I have a really short attention span
  • We can go after work
  • The seats are hard and I only have to sit there for 2.5 hours
  • I have a really short attention span
  • The match goes so fast it's a foregone conclusion we (Australia) will win and and so you an stop watching the cricket and amuse yourself with counting the number of laps the mexican wave has got to.

I have to admire the audacity of the organiser and BCC for even thinking 'hey, lets move 20,000 people with BUSES' (note to the wise, leave before the last wicket falls). Yeah to public transport.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger djbebe said...

I agree - it's actually an interesting version of a game which generally isn't - I actually watched the whole thing on tv. I know the purists will say that it's not really cricket but it's a lot more entertaining.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never thouhgt i'd see the day where i would get her to the cricket again!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you actually want to pay attention to it, then 20-20 is the way to go. But if you're like me and you don't actually watch it, you just dip in and out occasionally through out the day (kind of like the Bold and the Beautiful, where you can skip 6 months or so or so and come back to find the plot has advanced 10 minutes), then the test match is perfect.
-Betty Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home