Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sponky says NO to climate change


Walk Against Warming
Originally uploaded by Sponky's Modern Life.
Just like BettySue, Kris and Janet, Sponky and Husband-person + Dr Jigsaw and the BIG J trotted off to the Walk Against Warming to express general displeasure at hot days, drought, rising sea levels, and all kinds of warming related badness. What was to be a pleasant city stroll there and back was slightly hampered by the 35mm of rain - Dr Jigsaw and the BIG J had encased their bodies (quite sensibly) in full body rain gear but we were in rain jackets and shorts, and let me tell you, we got WET! I don't think I have ever been that wet with my clothes on.

But a good time was had by all, unfortunately rained too hard to hear the speeches, but we chatted to people and had a good afternoon.

Due to the rain, Brisbane only had about 1500 people turn out. But the upshot of this was - due to the lack of ready volunteers, I got to help carry one of the banners that was all soggy with rain AND I got on the news. Channel 7 and Channel 2 for about 2 and a half seconds EACH. YEAH! I am now random wet chick at the climate march. Oh, and Husband-person and Big J were also visible for about 1/2 second on Channel 2!

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, check you out! Awesome banner carrying. :)

Cate Blanchette was at the Sydney one apparently, I didn't see her though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home