Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Man in Black

Everytime an ad for 'Walk the Line' comes on tv, Husband-person and I have THIS EXACT CONVERSATION:

Me: Let's go see that
Husband-person: But what's it ABOUT?
Me: Johnny Cash, June Carter-Cash, music, drugs, love story. You know - Johnny Cash!
Husband-person: Who?

I refused to believe a person who has been on this earth 30 years doesn't know who Johnny Cash is, so I acquired some copies of his music this week and was listening to it while preparing dinner, in an effort to jog Husband-person's memory (I mean, who hasn't heard 'A boy named Sue'?). At one point during dinner preparation I turned around to see him dancing, in a style that can only be described as demented turkey dancing. Back and forth neck movements combined with an arm action last seen on MC Hammer.

Me: What are you doing???
Husband-person: Dancing. It's country (as if this was meant to explain the style of his dancing)

I might wait until it's on video and then watch it myself.

Update: Friday 7/02/06
I am forced to revise my previous animal comparison. It wasn't, in fact, demented turkey dancing AT ALL. It was demented LEMUR dancing, ala Madagascar.

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to see it last night. It was great - definitely recommended.

Only I am walking around singing "I fell into a burning ring of fire" which is probably making my colleagues gossip about my lifestyle choices!

-Betty Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home