Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Death by a thousand spreadsheets

Starting to go slightly loopy at work. My main task for the last nine weeks (!!) has been analysing a big Word document, extracting new programming requirements, and then typing these up in a spreadsheet. I then cross check this with another list, check the estimates, and move onto the next Word document. Nine weeks, people! The best part about all this is the documents I did the original analysis from have ALL CHANGED. So I get to read these fabulous 200 pages suckers again and again and again, then type up brand new versions of my spreadsheet list etc etc etc. Kill me now.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You could write a VBA macro to extract the pertinent stuff from word, and dump it into Excel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home