Monday, February 13, 2006

Sponky: Bringing it to zombies everywhere

In ongoing effots to keep me entertained, Husband-person bought me a copy of Doom 3 for the Xbox. Since Friday, all my spare time has been spent slaughtering zombies with shotguns, machine guns, a chainsaw (extremely fun but you have to get in quite close, so the zombies can then get you), plasma rifles, grenades and a chain gun (very good - cuts them right in half!).

All credit to the guys who wrote this game - it's basically a lot of walking around IN THE DARK while spooky noises play. You spent most of the time hurriedly switching between flashlight and shotgun, and listening intently to see if that is a machinery noise or the noise of something coming to kill you. I have never had such a visceral response to a computer game before - I have spent the entire time playing it with my brain going "what the fuck are you doing, turn around, go back up the stairs and pretend those zombies aren't there", with my heart rate going at a million miles an hour.

Husband-person is also getting alot of value from the game, as he is entertained by my yells of "what the fuck was that!!!", and "I shot you in the head, lie down already", and a few other things which cannot be repeated on the internet as my mother reads it.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Janet said...

That's OK dear, there are not too many words left that I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home