Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hot, like a sauna on fire

I know I asked to move back to Brisbane but honestly I had not really thought about having to go to work once I was back here. It was unbelievably hot this morning and HUMID, oh my god. I had a minor crisis in what to wear to work today and after the third change of clothes I was sweating so much I had to put on the a/c in the bedroom so I could get dressed in relative comfort and not sweat right through what I put on. This would all be fine if I was hanging around the house in singlets and shorts, but skirts, leather shoes and panty hose (yes I know pantyhose are optional, but I can't seem to NOT wear them after all those years in Melbourne, I feel like I am going to work naked, and I haven't shaved my legs in three weeks) are not at all fun in this heat. I need some kind of job that involves no shoes, afternoon naps and lots of iceblocks! Do you think swimming pools need IT professionals?

Kisses and Hugs to Husband-person who bought me a present yesterday BECAUSE HE COULD. And rather than something that dies like flowers, he got me this which I have been longing for and will last a heck of a lot longer! Despite the slightly non-exciting Natalie Imbruglia version, this cd confirms Pineapple Head is one of my favourite songs of all time.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger Girl Genius said...

Lovely husband person! And it looks like agreat CD and I'll have to get me one of those. I would like to report that Mr Right was very noble about me ruining his favourite saucepan; and he took on the huntsman spider last night and won.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger djbebe said...

I hear you loud and clear re heat and humidity - although Toowoomba is a few degrees on the cooler side of unbearable, I make up for it by riding a bicicle to work. Right now I'm sitting at my computer, squinting at my screen because my face is still too sweaty to put my glasses on - waiting until I cool down enough to have a shower. Hoping colleagues have slept in this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home